OXFAM Vacancies: Finance Officer, based in Jakarta
OXFAM who are we?
OXFAM INTERNATIONAL VISION:
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
Oxfam in Indonesia
By 2015, an integrated Oxfam programme, with a strong voice based on its collaboration with an extensive network of partners, will have made lasting changes in the lives of 20 million poor and vulnerable people by influencing changes in policy and practice amongst the most influential decision-makers in the country.
Oxfam Indonesia has the vision that people in Indonesia will live equitably and free from the injustice of poverty, enjoy their rights, and are resilient in times of disasters. By 2020, 2.5 million women and men in Indonesia are empowered to overcome poverty, vulnerability, and inequality.
Be part of a dynamic working environment and a team player with a real commitment to gender equality and International aid and development background. This post will be based in Jakarta for fixed term contract 12 months with possible extension.
* Finance Officer (code: FO)
Under the supervision of Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer will provide support the programme with operational finance related to the implementation of the related projects. She/he will make close coordination with Program Manager, MEL Coordinator, Program Partnership Coordinator, Project Admin Support Officer (PASO).
- To assist Project Manager with the financial management of the Indonesia projects
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of financial systems and control. This includes training and briefings for all staff on procedures and ensuring that financial systems are adhered to by all levels of personnel and comply with the International Division Finance and Indonesia Finance Procedures
- Oversee the finance operations this includes: payment processes; maintenance of cash and bank books; submission of online accounting returns to the regional center; production of timely management information
- Manage the security of cash, namely cash forecasting, transfer, transportation, and storage. This includes preparing cash forecast and submitting requests for top-ups
- Provide management with a statement of expenditure against budget on all programmes on a regular basis and that will assist project planning and delivery
- Assist with the transactional and reporting aspects of the financial management systems of the relief program
- Prepare financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- To work with logistics and office admin staff to ensure that vulnerable and fixed assets are treated in adherence to Finance’s minimum standards
- Overall responsible for partner financial system and control This includes conducting partner financial assessment and building capacity of partners to comply with Oxfam GB’s standard.
- To build the capacity of programme staff to be able to perform regular financial monitoring
- Communicate with local external contacts, such as the bank and suppliers
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting or education to part-qualified level with proven accounting experience
- Minimal 2 years working experience in similar role & responsibility
- Have to passion for gender equality and women rights
- High level of numeracy with proven experience of ability to pay attention to detail
- Computer literacy - good working knowledge of spreadsheets essential and previous experience of working with online accounting systems required.
- Ability to prioritize own workload, to work independently and to work to deadlines.
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written – English and Indonesian.
- Good knowledge or experience in managing subgrants, donor rules & regulation
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, kindly send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the code of the position title (FO) on the subject of the email.
The closing date: December 25th, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We encourage women and people with disability to apply